cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 bandwidth limiting?

Paulio
Level 3

Hi

I have a backup exec 12.5 server backing up a remote server over the network, this works. The problem I'm having is that the backup takes 95% of the bandwidth for the duration of the backup.
All I want to do is to limit the amount of bandwidth available to the job. I believe CPS will do this, but do I have to set up all of my jobs again or after installing it should there be extra options available in my BE 12.5 server (Windows).

I installed CPS but it seems I have to set up all my jobs again and it doesn't seem to be able to back up to tape?

Can someone advise me what I should do?

Thanks

Paulio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Paulio,

Doesn't appear to be a way to do that in BE itself. The only way I can see this working is to look at limiting that network traffic across the WAN itself via your routers. If you can throttle the bandwidth it uses that way, you can save the majority of your link for normal traffic.

Laters!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Paulio,

Doesn't appear to be a way to do that in BE itself. The only way I can see this working is to look at limiting that network traffic across the WAN itself via your routers. If you can throttle the bandwidth it uses that way, you can save the majority of your link for normal traffic.

Laters!