cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 data from media inconsistent

rocksuitcase
Level 3

Hello,

We have a new internal DAT drive (2 months old)- we have been using tapes bought July 2010. We have been 100% successful since the install of the new drive. Last night I got:

The job failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

This job is an incremental and only backs up the mail store, no system data.

I have read some forum answers which basically tell me it is probbaly one of four things:

1. Device being faulty
2. Bad media
3. Incorrect drivers
4. Incorrect SCSI configuration

unless it is a bad tape, I don't feel the other steps are the issue.

Any other ideas on this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

Can you clean the drive, and run a job?

You can take a look to the other steps. May be something changed and you do not know

May be you drive is faulty, or you are using incorrect drives. Windows Update may changed tape drives, take a look to it.

Regards,

JoaoMatos

rocksuitcase
Level 3

JoaoMatos,

thanks for your comment. The next two nights same job ran 100% successful. I did clean the drive after I created this thread before those two runs. I am going to buy new tapes and run a new one for my Tuesday run next week and if that goes successful, I will simply throw that tape away.

BTW, AFTER posting in the forum I looked at the media properties and noticed there was one hard read error on the "offending" tape, so that one will be going in the trash.

Thanks Again,

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

One Hard Read error wouldn't worry me too much, a hundred or so, and I agree, time to get rid of the tape  (the error could be the result of a dirty head, for example)