cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DLO alert recipient be the user triggering the alert?

DKarlen
Level 3

Hi all,
I'd think that this is standard feature but since I'm unable to find a way to configure the behavior I'm after I thought I'd ask.

I want to set up my DLO alerts so that the user triggering the alert is the recipient of the notification. I.e a user that approaching the limit of the network storage quota triggers the alert and gets a notification sent to his email and he'll be able to self aid the situation.

Is there any way to configure this behavior, i.e using a wildcard in the recipient configuration like %USER%@domain.com

Kind regards,
Daniel

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No there is not way you can send the trigger to the user unless and until you mention the mail id for that user and there is no way you can put the mail for all the users. The mail can only be sent to the recipents that you put. So it will only send the trigger to the mails that are in the receipents for it and not oterwise. The best way is to get the trigger to administrator and who can forward the mail to the users to get it done

DKarlen
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

Manually forwarding the notification seems like the long way around. I was hoping that there was a to use the usernames that DLO already has and put them in the recipient field as a wildcard.

How do you guys do this generally, manual forward?

Kind regards,
Daniel Karlén