cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 , failing Exchange Job (VSS Snapshot Warning - Mailbox.edb not present on the snapshot)

alanuza
Level 2
Hello,

I am running Backup Exec 12.5 (with the latest patches and hotfixes) and running a full backup of the Exchange first storage group.

The job is failing with the following error , mailbox database.edb file is not present on the snapshot.

I have verified that the .edb file is located on the mail server and the vss writers are functioning correctly. (vssadmin list writers show the writers are in the stable status)

Media Server - Backup Exec 12.5
Email Server - Exchange 07

I have contacted Symantec support who has told me to add the .edb file to the exception list, but I am still getting the same error.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi,

Did you push install the Exchange Backup agent or install it manually from the Installer in your Exchange Server 2007 ?

and don't forget to install the MAPI CDO components as well and then performs restart to make it in effect.

hope this helps.

alanuza
Level 2
Hello Albert,

Yes , I did a push install to our Exchange server.

I will attempt the MAPI CDO suggestion and reply back if the backup is successful.

I have tried various methods to make this work, and have been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks for the response.

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified
Was the database renamed ?

Is there any other application backing up exchange ?

Is exchange server installed on windows 2003 ? If yes then apply the vss fix KB940349 and reboot the server they try running backup.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349

Also try backing up exchange database using NTbackup.