cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 with SBS 2003

Paul_Aviles
Level 2
Partner
Hello, I have Backup Exec 12.5 on a Small Business Server 2003 and we backup the First Storage Group/Mailbox Store without any incidents. The issue we have is that it does not allow to restore individual mailboxes, nothing is presented as an option, just the while information store.

Under the Microsoft Exchange Options we have tried using "Use Backup Exec Granular Revoery Technology" and also the "Enable legacy mailbox support" and makes no difference.

As I stated, the backups finished without any incidents or errors, just that we cannot select the an individual mailbox or items to restore.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul Aviles
4 REPLIES 4

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
Which patch is installed in BE server?

Paul_Aviles
Level 2
Partner
I have tried with the plain vanilla installation of 12.5 22.13 and also with all the patches installed. LiveUpdate has nothing else in the queue.

Regards,

Paul Aviles

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Are you performing backup to tape or to backup to disk location ?
the account used for backing up exchange must  have the following rights and permission
Exchange Full Administrator
Domain Admins/Explicit Local Admin
Has active mailbox
Has sent/received e-mail
Is Unique in AD
Is not hidden in GAL

When you enabel legacy mailbox support does it allow you to expand individual mailboxes in the selection list ? IF it does it means the account have proper rights and permission .
You can try creating a new account and give the above rights to the account and try running the backup .
let me know if that helps

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Are you backing up to disk or to tape?