cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 Pre-Command PL/SQL Script

BBetancourt
Level 2

I am trying to run an Oracle pl/sql script in a pre-command. Everytime I run the job it will complete without error, but the pl/sql script does not execute its commands.

The pl/sql script successfully runs from the cmd line.

The pre-command is:  D:\cvs_home\COR\binaries\scripts\backup\arclog_precmd.cmd.

The script in the .cmd file is: SQLPLUS sys/***** as sysdba @D:\cvs_home\COR\binaries\scripts\backup\arclog_precmd.sql

The script's path is in the enviroment variables and I have tried to run it under the host system account, administrator account and Oracle system account with no success.

I have successfully run a test pre-command, that executed a simple batch delete from the same directory as the pl/sql script.

Backup Exec 12.0 rev.1364

Windows 2008

Oracle 11gR2

Thanks,

BBetancourt

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have tried to run it under the host system account, administrator account and Oracle system account with no success

Before you can run a script as a pre-/post-command, it must run successfully by itself.  You got to trouble-shoot the script.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure that the script can manually run when logged into the server console as:-

a) the Backup Exec Servcie Account

b) the Backup Exec System Logon Account (they may not be the same)

c) the Account crendential used in the Backup Job

Also put a command in the start of the script that creates some text output (i.e. the time/date) inside a text file when it runs - as this will help you confirm that the .CMD file itself is trying to start.

BBetancourt
Level 2

The Backup Exec Service Account and the Backup Exec System Logon Account is the "LocalSystem account" as indicated in Symantec documentation.

The  LocalSystem account cannot be logged into under Windows.

Should I have tried to run the services under the Administrator account and the pre-command test job would fail.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Can you post the job log for  same 

Thank You

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The Backup Exec Service Account and the Backup Exec System Logon Account is the "LocalSystem account" as indicated in Symantec documentation.

Which documentation are you refering to?  The Admin Guide says that if the server is part of a domain, you are to use a domain administrator for the BESA and the BESLA. Otherwise, you use a local administrator account.

Ignoring BE for the moment, have you ever successful run your script under any account?

Also, do note that Oracle 11g R2 is not supported by any version of BE.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What good would the job log do?  He is trying to trouble-shoot why his script does not run.