cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 - Robotic Library In Use - Cannot Scan, run inventory or backup any media device.

Chadavox
Level 1
Hi,

I hope someone could help me with this problem. I have put in a few tapes inside LTO Gen 3 Tape Drive.
Under the Robotic Libraries, it showed the device is offline. I right click the device and clicked "Online" but the device showed
"In Use".  There is no job running and I wonder why it showed "In use".  I tried the scan the tape/media that I have put in
but it shows no response. I have tried to run inventory on the tape, it said "Ready; no idle devices are available".
I have tried to restart my server but the same thing is still happening.

Please help. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to the Devices TAB-->Right Click on the Server name and click on Paused....Wait for 2 to 5 seconds and unpause it again...If this dont work:

1  : Turn OFF the Server and the Library and disconnect the Library
2  : Turn ON the Server (This will delete all the entries for the Library from the OS)
3  : Turn OFF the Server and connect the Library
4  : Turn ON the Library first and let it come up
5  : Turn ON the server and check the Device Manager for the Drives and the Medium Changer.

Make sure that you are using Symantec Drivers for the Drives and Medium changer : Unonown (Microsoft Drivers)

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to the Devices TAB-->Right Click on the Server name and click on Paused....Wait for 2 to 5 seconds and unpause it again...If this dont work:

1  : Turn OFF the Server and the Library and disconnect the Library
2  : Turn ON the Server (This will delete all the entries for the Library from the OS)
3  : Turn OFF the Server and connect the Library
4  : Turn ON the Library first and let it come up
5  : Turn ON the server and check the Device Manager for the Drives and the Medium Changer.

Make sure that you are using Symantec Drivers for the Drives and Medium changer : Unonown (Microsoft Drivers)

Hope this helps...

Dev_T
Level 6
Any news here?

Dev_T
Level 6

is the issue resolved?

Dev_T
Level 6
whats up?

matjaz_znidaric
Not applicable

Thanks DevT! That solved my problem! Best regards!