cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 SBS, moving to 12.5

mb10
Level 2
Hi,

I'm looking at moving from BE12 SBS to BE12.5 for windows servers.

I've seen a good price for the retail box, does this include any remote agent licenses, or exchange backup licenses?  SBS seemed to include both.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
BE 12.5 ships with a license for 1 robotic library and AOFO. Anything else would need to be licensed. Ie. Exchange agent, SQL etc. There is the option for a 60-day trial of each though.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
You need to buy the SBS version not the retail version as your serial numbers will not enable the correct licensing to protect SBS. I believe the SBS version costs a little more than the core(retail) version - but costs a lot less than the core version with all the required remote agent licenses to protect SBS.

veilsnzills17
Level 3
Employee
No. Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Server does not include the Agents for Exchange. You would need to purchased a separate license.

BEWS 12.5 only includes AOFO, CPS, IDR and 5 licenses for DLO while Backup Exec SBS 12.5 Premium Edition comes with the Agent for Exchange, SQL, AOFO, IDR and 75 licenses for DLO.

Hope this helps!

mb10
Level 2
Thanks for the help.

The reason for moving to the BEWS 12.5, is that BE12SBS's media server was never stable on our SBS server.

I've been running the media server on a 60 day trial on another box and using the remote agent to backup our server, both have been rock solid since.  However it isnt an SBS OS so I need the 'Windows Servers' version (BEWS12.5) to carry on with that solution.  This isnt particularly cost effective once the required agents are added, partcularly as our BE12SBS license with be defunct as there is no SBS->BEWS crossgrade, however I am left with little choice.

Twixxica
Level 2
Hi There,

if your Backup Exec 12.0 has valid support it means that you are eligible with the free version upgrade but if your product does not have valid support or if the support has been expired it means that you are not eligible with the free version upgrade.

Backup Exec 12.5 Windows server SBS, does not include the Exchange. you have buy a seperate license but the AOFO, CPS, IDR

Hinata_Uzumaki
Level 3
Employee

"Backup Exec 12.5 Windows server SBS, does not include the Exchange. you have buy a seperate license but the AOFO, CPS, IDR"

BUE SBS Standard Edition includes Exchange.
BUE SBS Premium Edition includes Exchange and SQL.

BUE Server is just for the core server.
Any agents and options are sold separately.

^_^