cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 - restore issue

matanh
Not applicable

Hi,
I have backup exec 12 (not 2012!)  with an HP robotic library MSL2024.
Is it possible to do a restore in a server like structure?
For example, let's say I have a cartridge that stores full backups of several servers with the names: novostore1, novostore2, t-sap-server, sap-master, app-srv.
I want the restore job to create folders with the names ,or IP addresses, of the servers and in those folders put the data of each server (so I can easily differentiate which resource belongs to each server) ? 
I tried to restore a couple of times, with different settings, but it just restores all the folders of all the servers in the root folder that I specify in the restore job.

Your help is greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

TBH I don't think BE is designed to do that the only way to do it is one restore job per server and specify different target folders in the redirection settings.

Kind of a rare scenario and in BE 2012's server scenatric model you can't create a restore job containing data from multiple servers anyway, which means we are unlikely to enhance the product to do that.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...only way I can think of you doing this is to create folders first with the server names, and then restore individual server data to these folders...but it will be 1 server at a time.

Thanks!