cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12x seems to cause the Companyweb (Sharepoint portal services) to become unavailbale after backup

chewiecrunchy
Level 2

Hello everyone.

In the last two weeks, it seems that every Monday morning our SharePoint Portal Services site (Companyweb, running off SBS 2008) seems to be unavailable until I restart the applicable SQL service for it.  The backups are full backups on the weekend, and incrementals M-Th.  The backups are all succesfull so no issues there, but after the full backup occurs, the site is unavailable, and I see the following events in event viewer:

" Event ID: 5586

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619) threw an exception. More information is included below.

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)"

SQL Database 'ShareWebDb' on SQL Server instance 'FALCON\Microsoft##SSEE' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Cannot open database "ShareWebDb" requested by the login. The login failed.

SQL Database 'ShareWebDb' on SQL Server instance 'np:\\.\pipe\MSSQL$Microsoft##SSEE\sql\query' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Cannot open database "ShareWebDb" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Unknown SQL Exception 233 occured. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

The first error seems to indicate that the SQL DB may be set to read only which I wonder if thats the case here.

Can someone tell me if they've experienced this before with BUE? It seemed to happen after the last two or three hotfixes in the last two weeks that I installed, so I'm not sure if its related there as well.

Also, BUE runs off a seperate, storage server if that is any helpful info.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Was a re-directed restore performed recently ? If so, try looking at this KB article: - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67501

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Just check the database is also not set to read only.

chewiecrunchy
Level 2

Hello everyone.

A redirected restore was performed, but not for any related files.  In fact the redirected restore was for a totally different server, no SQL involved.

Addditionally the DB is not set to read-only, though i have the feeling (and will check next Monday), that it may be getting set that way by BUE.  This only started after the last few hotfixes, so I wonder if I need to revert.