cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Backing up TO a NAS Device

abarnard
Level 4

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Backup Exec 12.5 to Backup Exec 2010 R3 with SP 2 and the latest Hotfixes and updates.

I am having an issue backing up to a NAS device on our network. It is a D-Link DNS 320 device.

The backup I am sending to the NAS device seems to go through fine at 415 MB/min, and then the verify only goes at about 115 MB/min and takes so long that I have to cancel the job.

What could be causing this slowdown on the verify? Is verify absolutely necessary?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Getting far better speed while writing than reading....

If you want the job to be shown as completed quickly, clear verify after backup check box from backup job properties and create a new verify job to run at a later time.

It is always recommended to have the backups verified....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi What could be causing this slowdown on the verify? Is verify absolutely necessary? Yes verify is necessary, as backupexec uses it own algorithm to verify consistency fo data, so you can decide to run verify seperately too,but then verify is neccessary. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18698 Thanks.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Getting far better speed while writing than reading....

If you want the job to be shown as completed quickly, clear verify after backup check box from backup job properties and create a new verify job to run at a later time.

It is always recommended to have the backups verified....