cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010- Backup to Disk failure

OrangeGrover
Level 2

Hello,

I changed a job that is scheduled to run nightly to write to a backup to disc folder instead of tape.

I just received an email from Backup Exec saying that the job failed for the following reasons:

1. No appendable media counld be mounted.
  2. V-79-57344-33037 - Error - Mount failed.
  3. Physical Volume Library Media not found.

The B2D folder that I changed the job to write to was created and the media label was set to be dynamically allocated by the job.  No media label existed before the job was ran.  I was unable to test this job because of the large amount of network traffic it would generate during the day time.

I will still not be able to test this besides for the normally sceduled nightly backups, so I'm hoping to hear some possible solutions so that I may go back and have a better idea of what I should be looking for.

I was wondering if it's failing because I set the job to append and terminate if there is no appendable media available, since usually the media label is created after the first job has been ran?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no advantage to appending to disk media.  You should always use overwrite.

Create a small backup job to test that your B2D folder is o.k.

For disk media, the label is always assigned by BE.  You should not manipulate the labels of disk media.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I was wondering if it's failing because I set the job to append and terminate if there is no appendable media available,

Absolutely.... Change it to Overwrite