cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 - Oracle Agent issues

mg4
Level 4

Hey there,

i have a little question about the Oracle Agent on Backup Exec 2010 R2 (SP1 and all HF applied).

The Agent is running fine and does a Full Backup (B2D) from the Oracle DB from Monday to Thursday (Job Properties - Oracle Tab - Backup method "Full - Backup up selections, nothing else selected there). I have the another Job with the same Selection List scheduled to run on Sunday with the same Job Properties with the addional Option "Delete backed up archieved log files" selected. This job goes directly to a Tape Device.

Its not possible to select these items for a Duplicate to Tape, which where created with the "Tape Device Job". Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is by design for Oracle backups. Oracle backups should always be browsed in View by resource mode.

You can see the same behaviour in the Restore selection list too. Try to see the restore selection in View by Media  mode and you will observe that its grayed out. Now switch to View by Resource mode and you will be able to see the Oracle data available for restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6

Sorry its just not clear from the information provided above.

Are you saying that the Oracle jobs running from Monday to Thursday going to B2D are not available to duplicate it to tape??

Thanks,

-Sush...

mg4
Level 4

Thanks for your reply.

No, i can duplicate the jobs which where created to B2D with Oracle agent. But that brought me to another point. If i select the B2D and B2T Oracle jobs in the "View by Ressource" View i can duplicate both of them. If i select them in the "View by Media" View i cant duplicate nothing. It seems that the upper "Group" is missing, i only get the stand alone Backup Sets.

If i try to select them it says:

"The contents of this backup set cannot be browsed or selected in this view.

Click the View by Ressource tab to browse and select data for restore."

Is this by design that Oracle data cant be restored or duplicated in the "View by Media" View?

Thanks

mage1

Sush---
Level 6

This is by design for Oracle backups. Oracle backups should always be browsed in View by resource mode.

You can see the same behaviour in the Restore selection list too. Try to see the restore selection in View by Media  mode and you will observe that its grayed out. Now switch to View by Resource mode and you will be able to see the Oracle data available for restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

mg4
Level 4

now there comes light to the dark. Just marked it as solution.

Thanks

mage1