cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Temporary License Key

multinet
Level 2

About for 4 months ago i have installed symantec backup exec 2010 r2, but i never had the time to configure the software and test it on my client's server SBS 2011 with Dell RD1000 Backup Drive.

Last week I wanted to configure the backup exec so we can test it with the server but the trial license was obviously expired. I have contacted symantec support team for a 30 day extended which they were happy to help me out and sent me a batch file to execute on they server for another 30 days.

Before i had executed the batch file i had uninstalled the backup exec 2010 r2 to install the new backup exec 2010 r3 so i can benefit from the lastest updates. When i arrived at the point to insert the trial license key i refered to the batch file. Now i am at a stage that i need to insert a trial license key to continue my installation.

I have contacted symantec support team and they told me to contact my local distributor to provide me with an offline trial license key. When i contacted the local distributor i was told that there is no such thing an offline license key.

Now i am in a position which i cannot try the symantec backup exec 2010 r3 and my client is interested in purchasing the software but after he sees that everything is compatible with the Dell RD1000 and working fine.

Is it possible to have this offline trial version key so i can install and configure backup exec for my client which need leeds to a purchase of a license.

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited
As you are installing a fresh copy of BE 2010 R3, just proceed without entering any license key. Then it will work as trial for 60 days. No need of any temporary license. And i don't think such a thing is there for BE. Regards...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Looking at your screenshot, you have at least 30 days for your trial.

multinet
Level 2

The screenshot says 30days trial but the next button to continue installation is still blurred. To activate I need and offline license key.

multinet
Level 2

Your right when you install a fresh installation you can continue without license and automaticaly you have 60day trial. But in my case i already had BE 2010 R2 and the only choices i have import license or cancel.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not possible, you have installed it 4 months ago, so it's more than 120 day ago.

The standard trial is 60 days, plus 30 days extension is 90 days. It does not matter if you have used it or not....