cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 SP1 - AOFO not properly licensed

ss555
Level 2

SW: Backup Exec 2010 v13.0 Rev 2896 32-bit

I have just re-installed BE 2010 on a server, and every job log shows the following message:

The job completed successfully.  However, the following conditions were encountered:

2 files were skipped.

Note:  The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option.  However, files were skipped during backup processing.  Please ensure that the Media Server PCO2 is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option. 

The job details show:
 VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\dtsoftbus01.sys is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\dcdbas32.sys is not present on the snapshot. 

I have installed the license keys for AOFO and IDR, even though some research points to AOFO being free in the 2010 version?

Also, under Help > About > License Information - it shows all options are licensed.

Is AOFO licensed and working? If so, how do I get rid of this message?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

teiva-boy
Level 6

It is free, since v12.

Find those files in your system, or from another similar system with the same OS, and copy them to the directory in question.

THey could be related to software that was uninstalled from the system, but may still have clutter in the registry.  One deals with Dell software, the other with DAEMON tools Lite I think.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should upgrade to BE 2010 R3.  It fixes a lot of problem.  Your existing licence keys will still work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or www.backupexec.com

ss555
Level 2

Yes - I did uninstall Daemon tools. Is it possible to delete the key without breaking anything?

Downloading R3 now, hopefully it will fix things!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am not sure how you install the licence keys for AOFO and IDR? AFAIK, there are none for BE 2010.

ss555
Level 2

In the section where it asks for license keys - you can input as many as you like. Symantec sold us keys for IDR & AOFO, so we were under the impression that they were needed.

I installed R3, still getting the error. 

I'll try copying those two files into their directories and see if that works.