cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 SP1 not seeing all Exchange 2003 Mailboxes on restore??

BowlingSS
Level 4

I have a Windows 2008 SP1 running Backup Exec 2010 w/SP1 and all updates. I backup our exchange servers nightly. On a restore almost all mailboxes are not showing up. AOFO is turned off. We are using Exchange 2003 with the latest patches. I also checked the exchange agent installed and one server had the latest agent and the other I had to update.

I am going to un-install the agent and re-install it to see if this helps.

Any clues on fixing this problem?

Thanks.
Bill

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Bill,

Is this backup going to disk or tape? Have you looked into duplicating your restore to disk first, and then checking again?

Thanks!

RRE
Level 6

Hi There ,

I have seen this issue with BE 2010 SP1 & exchange 2003 before , If backups are on tape , try duplicating the backup set to Disk & then check the restore view , If you are able to see all the contents after duplicating the tape to Disk . Then the solution would be to upgrade BE 2010 to BE 2010 R2 SP1 & then update the remote agents . Run a full backup & test the results.

Regards

RRE

BowlingSS
Level 4

I am backing up to tape. I think I will upgrade to 2010 R3 today. If that does not work I will backup to hard drive and try that.

Thanks everyone.

Bill

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...cool, keep us posted on whether or not it works. This has been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now. Some guys only see certain mailboxes, while others see the entire Information Store...

BowlingSS
Level 4

I am backing up to hard Drive tonight. I am not able to get R3 to install. Still working that problem.

Bill

BowlingSS
Level 4

After backing up to Hard Drive all the mail boxes are showing up. What should I do now? My stores are 185GB so I would need a bunch of hard drives to keep the backup. I also keeps my tapes offsite. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for everyones help.

Bill

Stefan70
Level 3

Hi BowlingSS,

duplicate your data from disk to tape after the successfull backup. Also expire your backups on disk after some days ore a week.

Stefan

RRE
Level 6

Hi there , 

Further to my previous post you can upgrade to BE 2010 R2 SP1 Or wait till R3 gets released in May 

www.backupexec.com    can be used to download the latest version of BE

Regards

RRE