cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Windows C:

minhcorp
Level 3

I take a full backup from Symantec Backup Exec 2010, below is selection list of backup

1. Total data on C:

2. System State

3. Shadow copy component

After backup job running successful, I check the data backup on C: and unfortunately for me, the backup a lot files at C: folder, about 10G data, How to consider in this case ?

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What exactly is your problem?  Too much data backed up?

minhcorp
Level 3

My C: Disk have 70G data, the backup file create for this job have only 60G, we missing 10G data, and some files on C: doesn't backup. Why BE skip files on C: Disk ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE has a feature called Automatic File Exclusion (AFE) which automatically excludes certain files like database files from being backed up.  Give me the file extension of the files that are not backed up and I will see whether they are covered by AFE.

minhcorp
Level 3

BE skip all files in folder C:\Windows\MSAgent , the  backuped server is domain controller(Windows 2008 R2 Ent)

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What are the file extensions of the files inside this directory?

minhcorp
Level 3

The list file as below:

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This directory could be considered part of the system state and is backed up as part of the system state backup, just like the Windows\Winsxs directory.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

To see what is in the system state do a redirect restore of the system state to a temp folder and then go and look inside what is restored.