cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 and Agents

mccutchie
Level 2

Hey Guys, i'm new to Backup Exec and in the process of evaluating the 2010 package. I have a quick question you might help me with. If say on a Win 2008 Server with SQL Server 2008 installed, I need to backup my SQL db's along with certain windows directories. In this instance do i need to purchase both an agent for SQL Server and an agent for the windows system. The same goes for a sharepoint server and an Active Directory server.

Or will purchasing say the sql server agent, also have the ability to backup certain windows directories. Some guidance would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi 

When you buy an agent for SQL, Exchange or Sharepoint  you get the remote agent bundled in the same license.

You need to enter the license keys in the Backup Exec console and then install remote agent on the remote servers.

So along with the SQL DB you will be able to backup Windows directories too. Same goes for Sharepoint and AD.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Hi 

When you buy an agent for SQL, Exchange or Sharepoint  you get the remote agent bundled in the same license.

You need to enter the license keys in the Backup Exec console and then install remote agent on the remote servers.

So along with the SQL DB you will be able to backup Windows directories too. Same goes for Sharepoint and AD.

AmolB
Any update on the issue ?