cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 fails to run install

JChaz
Level 2
I'm upgrading from 11d to 2010. Downloaded the media and set about install. The checks on the server found no issues, so went to run the install. When it starts to install the first screen to appear runs for about a minute then just dies. Checking application log file it says it failed with a dotnet 2 Runtime error. Spent 1hr 53mins with support on the phone, tried re-installing dotnet and running repair, no change. Tried downloading another copy of the software - no change. Created a new local admin users and running install - no change. Looking forward to another support call today - not a lot! Anyone with any clues to this one? Error which occurs is:

Source .NET Rntime 2.0 Error Event ID 1000

Faulting application _setup.exe, version 13.0.173.506, stamp 4be18a44, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, stamp 45d70ad8, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bee7.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JChaz
Level 2

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this makes me V angry. I contacted support and they say that the wait time is around an hour! So I put the phone down, didn't want to be stuck on hold for another hour - what is going on when you have to wait an hour. 

I start trawling the support pages again and find http://support.veritas.com/docs/355643 So having spent 1hr 53 minutes with someone yesterday doing numerous checks including installing another version of .Net it turns out there is  .Net 3.5 on the install DVD - my question now is why didn't that get picked up by the pre install checks after all its just a version check - if its not on - install it with a link to the location on the DVD.

The exact problem, with a solution, why oh why support didn't pick that up when I contacted them yesterday is shocking - I am not impressed symantec.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JChaz
Level 2
Just spent 50 minutes waiting on hold, this just isn't good enough. If support monitor this forum please do something about it.

JChaz
Level 2

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this makes me V angry. I contacted support and they say that the wait time is around an hour! So I put the phone down, didn't want to be stuck on hold for another hour - what is going on when you have to wait an hour. 

I start trawling the support pages again and find http://support.veritas.com/docs/355643 So having spent 1hr 53 minutes with someone yesterday doing numerous checks including installing another version of .Net it turns out there is  .Net 3.5 on the install DVD - my question now is why didn't that get picked up by the pre install checks after all its just a version check - if its not on - install it with a link to the location on the DVD.

The exact problem, with a solution, why oh why support didn't pick that up when I contacted them yesterday is shocking - I am not impressed symantec.

jsmith2500
Level 2

I know you had to suffer throught the long support and finding it yourself..but your efforts saved me all the same time!

jsmith2500
Level 2

I'm also curious to why the prequisite check does not catch this and let you know?