cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 License

sanjay_manghnan
Level 3

Hii Guys,

I just installed Symantec Backup exec 2012 license on windows server.It worked correctly for a week showing that the software is activated.

But now its showing 52 Days Untill 10 trial licenses expire.Can anybody explain to me what is this about?

7 REPLIES 7

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Sanjay,

The following article should help you: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183970

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Did you install only the Backup Exec core product licence? If Yes, then this warning is related to other (licensed) agents and options which you may have selected to be installed along with the core product (i.e. during the initial installation). 

Since you did not install licenses for these agent and options (i'm assuming), they got installed as "trial options". You can check and confirm if this is the case by click on the Backup Exec button - Installation and Licensing - License Information.

sanjay_manghnan
Level 3

I am backing the same server on which symantec backup is installed.

I have two licenses:

1.Backup Exec 2012

2.(Maintenance)Backup Exec 2012

However i selected agent for windows while installing the license should i unselect it?

I think i found the issue the installed licenses show that i have installed all agents for Windows,linux exchange,etc and their trila version expires in 52 days.

Any way to remove them?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In Backup Exec console click on the BE icon(top left corner of the console) -> Installation and

Licensing -> Install Options and Licenses on this BE server ->Uncheck the options for which you

do not have license.

sanjay_manghnan
Level 3

Already Tried.

Its not working.It keeps on showing that all agents trial versions are installed

Michael_Floeck
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

you can call customer care they´re will help you.

http://www.symantec.com/de/de/support/assistance_care.jsp

Regards
Michael

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Once you have enabled an agent/option for which you did not enter a license during installation (i.e. enabled the trial version), it will stay active untill the trial period expires.

I'd recommend you to just ignore those warnings. Once the trial period expires, only your licensed features will be active. Other agents/options (the trial for which expired) can only be actived by adding a valid license.