Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Licensing

AnnieW
Level 2

Hi All,

Im trying to understand what licensing I need for the below solution :

3 x VMWare ESX Hosts

8 Windows VM's - 1 of these VM's is an SQL server and 1 of them is a File Server

2 x Physical Servers, 1 for Backup and one for remote services.

1 x HP D2D Unit

1 x Hp tape Device connected to physical Backup Server

Can anyone help with the licensing I would need here ?  I was planning to use VMWare Backup Agent but no so sure what else I would need in terms of the backup server itself and other agents.  Someone has also told me that if I want multiple streams of backup that I would need to purchase another server edition for the File Server.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

3 x VMWare ESX Hosts  - 1 AVVI license per Host (With AVVI license you can install RAWS

on all VM's)

8 Windows VM's - 1 of these VM's is an SQL server and 1 of them is a File Server - 1 SQL agent

2 x Physical Servers, 1 for Backup and one for remote services. - 1 Core Product license + RAWS for

the remote server

1 x HP D2D Unit

1 x Hp tape Device connected to physical Backup Server (LEO will be required for any additional

tape drive in the library)

EDIT: Refer to BE2012 licensing guide.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

3 x VMWare ESX Hosts  - 1 AVVI license per Host (With AVVI license you can install RAWS

on all VM's)

8 Windows VM's - 1 of these VM's is an SQL server and 1 of them is a File Server - 1 SQL agent

2 x Physical Servers, 1 for Backup and one for remote services. - 1 Core Product license + RAWS for

the remote server

1 x HP D2D Unit

1 x Hp tape Device connected to physical Backup Server (LEO will be required for any additional

tape drive in the library)

EDIT: Refer to BE2012 licensing guide.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479