cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SBS - Media Request

reddoor
Level 3

Hi all Im just having a bit of a problem with the new version of Backup Exec running on a SBS 2011 server.

The backup completes ok and the tape ejects as I have selected it to do but the job doesn't actually complete until I respond to a media request about the tape ejecting.

Obviously I don't want to have to logon to the server and respond to this alert every day to complete the job.

I have looked at the alert categories section but cant seem to work it out.

Just to note this is a trail version of the software as I am currently awaiting delivery of the full product from my supplier that has been ordered.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can configure an auto-response for the Media Remove alert. Click on the BE button and choose Configuration and Settings.  Under Alerts Categories, look for this

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can configure an auto-response for the Media Remove alert. Click on the BE button and choose Configuration and Settings.  Under Alerts Categories, look for this

reddoor
Level 3

Oh ok looking again it looks like I may have missed that one. So if I set this to 1 minute then a minute after the server makes the request then it will actually respond ok allowing the backup to complete successfully is this correct?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

That is correct.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If it the pkh supplied info is greyed out then follow this

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is not necessary to use BEUtility to configure the actual response.  By default, the response is O.K.  Setting the timing of the auto-response is sufficient.

reddoor
Level 3

Ok thanks will check in the morning and hopefully tonights backup will complete ok.

Thanks for your quick responses

Monster
Level 4

I feel that should be default behaviour. Can't think of anyone who would log onto the server to click on a button to finish the job in the middle of the night. Took me some time to stumble upon this solution.

Thanks anyway.