Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SCL (Win POS Ready)

nanski
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We are currently positioning BE2012 to a certain customer, backing up 200 POS (point of system) Machines (file level only)  running on Windows XP POS Ready 2009 and windows POS Ready 7 . Upon checking BE 2012 SCL, Windows Pro and Home Edition are the only supported Operating systems. However during POC Windows POS Ready 2009 is working fine for NOW as I believe these are only POS enhancements on the top of windows XP (please correct me if I am wrong), I am only doing 10 out of 200 so no problems so far. Will there be any issues if we continue and push the product even if it is not officially supported under BE2012 SCL? Im afraid time will come that i will need to file a support, symantec might nott be able to help me.

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If it is not listed in the SCL, then it is not tested and supported.  If you do have problem, Symantec is not obliged to provide any support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If it is not listed in the SCL, then it is not tested and supported.  If you do have problem, Symantec is not obliged to provide any support.