Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error e00fe09 The Directory is invalid

suarez
Level 3

Hello there.

I apressiate your help with this error :

ERROR E00FE09 THE DIRECTORY IS INVALID.

This error appears when i try to do the daily bakcup, and i dont understand why. i dont have moved any link of the job.

I go to each link and all the files exists.

any idea?

thanks

sorry for my bad english

7 REPLIES 7

lmosla
Level 6

Hello, In the Windows application event logs do you see any errors that occur during the time of the backup job? 

If you are running anti virus protection put in exclutions for the Backup Exec Processes located C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\benetns.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\pvlsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BkUpexec.exe

suarez
Level 3

Thanks for your answer.

in the event logs i have this:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "SRV-BACKUP") (Job: "DailyBackup") DailyBackup -- The job failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.

and i already put the exclusions in the anti virus.

now i can not run the job because is in used, but tomorrow i will post the result.

thank you for your help :)

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See my answer here.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-e00fe09-directory-invalid-al-crar-un-backup#com...

BTW, don't post the same problem in multiple languages.  It is very confusing for the rest of us.

suarez
Level 3

Hello Imosla.

i do what you told me about the exceptions but, the error still appears.

any other idea??

thanks a lot

suarez
Level 3

Thanks pkh.

and sorry for the other question, i already deleted it.

about your answer, in the details tab i have almost 30 directories, how can i see wich one is the problem?? or all the 30 are the problem??

Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

Here is a document that covers this error but it sounds like you have already attempted some of these solutions http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH71493

Recreate the job and see if that helps.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Normally in the joblog, the missing directory will be listed and can be located in the selection list.

If you have almost 30 directories, then the way you select your directories is probably wrong.  You should select the top level directory and not the individual directories.  For example, if you have

C:\a\a

C:\a\b

C:\a\c

You should not select C:\a\a, C:\a\b and C:\a\c, instead you should select C:\a.

You might want to hold this job and create a new job.  For the new job, re-select your directories and try to use a higher level directory to consolidate the directories, like the example above.