cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 features i cant find

BE2010Guru
Level 3

Still trying to come to terms with this new gui.

How do i do a D2D (nas) then a copy D2T (tape)?

Is this a backup to disk and then to archive option?

Also

What is a media set now called and where do i find them?

10 REPLIES 10

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

As like older version with this version there is no Media set in backupexec. It has new thing called DLM to manage you backup set

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5216

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You create a backup stage to your NAS and then add a duplicate stage to your tape.

You will only see media sets when you have defined tape and/or disk cartridge storage.  Otherwise, you would not see media sets.  Disk Storage which is defined for fixed disk is managed by DLM.

BE2010Guru
Level 3

So which backup type job is this?  Sorry i dont have a tape drive in my lab, so it is hard to do all this.

BE2010Guru
Level 3

where is the selection list now? (my BE server is not in a domain, is that why i dont see that option)

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on the server that you want to backup and click on the Backup button in the ribbon bar and you would be present with the option to backup to which type of storage.

After you have selected the type of storage, you would see a window with 2 sub-pane.  Click Edit on the left-hand pane and you would see the selection list.  The right sub-pane will allow you to add another stage, e.g. duplicate.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you don't have a tape drive all of the options relating to tape drives (including duplicate from disk to tape) will be hidden from the console - as why show you something you can't actually do. BE 2012 is designed to hide things you can't do to reduced confusion (so in a similar way you won't see Exchange options if the server you are trying to backup does not have Exchnage installed on it)

If you want top test this sort of thing in  a lab you must use a tape device (which does of course also mean it can't be a virtualized media server.)

vohra
Level 2

I have SPM 12.1 SBE Installed and i have added about 50 clients but in management console only 13 are appearing and all of them are showing offline.

vohra
Level 2

please tell me what should i do to check the coomunication ?

BE2010Guru
Level 3

pkh - i have done that, but i cant see how to add say all windows server to the 1 selection list.  Is this because my test machine is not on a domain?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot do that.  BE 2012 is server-centric which means that at most you can only backup 1 server per job.