cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 not compressing LT05 Tapes

JordanCSH
Level 3

Hi,

I have recently installed Backup Exec 2012 on two of my media servers and I have come across an issue when trying to compress data onto LT05 tapes. 

My backups are structured to complete a full backup every evening of the local media server and then 4 remote machines are selected to include into this backup also. I want to back up all these servers onto one tape and I realise in BE2012 you have to create seperate jobs to run over one tape and you cant put them all into one job like you where able to in 2010.

So my first job of the evening is set to overwrite and then each job following is set to append. 

I can see the compression rate is set to 1.0:1 which I dont think is right. The compression on each of the jobs is set to hardware and then software if no hardware is available. 

These jobs have now been imported from BE2010 and have been set up from scratch when the software was installed.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

42 REPLIES 42

Sys2
Level 3

After seeing what at Symantec is viewed as "ready for release"-versions I'm no way interested in any beta. Just to afraid it will eat my system.

For other poor suckers who found this threat, looking for a solution to their issue ==>  Solution: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/end-marker-unreadable-error-and-compression-tape-backup-exec-2012-fixed

Thanks for the link Sys - np

Sys@dmin

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...OK then...

Rick_Okla
Level 3

The latest Hot Fix Dated July 3 I believe, fixed this issue for my Dell PE124T.  Just in time because I was going to go back to BE2010