cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 queued forever and Drive error

meverman
Level 3

Recently our tape drive failed so we had to purchase and install a new one. I have only started using Backup Exec 2012 in the last few months so I am by no means a pro. With a little help from Google I got the drive up and running so it shows as usable media in BE. I changed all the storage on our backup jobs to point to the new tape drive and everything seemed fine.

As part of my backups I do daily and differentials to disk. I have one mounted drive we us to store these backups, its currently labeled D:. Anytime I run any job that uses the D: drive it either gets queued for 14+ hours and never runs or gives me an "Unconfigured disk storage 0021" error. With the message

Backup Exec attempted to automatically reconfigure the newly discovered disk storage device for use, but the reconfiguration failed with the following error:

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I wouldn't think the D: drive would have been effected by the replacement of the tape drive but that's the only recent change we have made to our BE configuration. Do I need to remount the D: drive somehow? It shows up via windows explorer and I can navigate through the folder structure fine from there. I even did a "test credentials" in the job properties to see if the D: drive was available and it came back successful.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

meverman
Level 3

For anyone intrested I actually ended up using the solution in THIS tread.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Delete the disk storage on the D: drive from the BE console

2) Go to the disk storage directory and delete the two .cfg files in it.

3) create the disk storage and point it to the D: drive.

4) If the above does not solve the problem, re-create your jobs.

meverman
Level 3

Thanks for the reply pkh! When I delete the disk storage I get a "Catastrophic Failure" and the drive is still avilable. I am going to attempt to remove the jobs and re-add now.

failure.PNG

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that there is something wrong with this disk storage. You need to log a formal support case with Symantec so that the engineer can remove it for you.

meverman
Level 3

For anyone intrested I actually ended up using the solution in THIS tread.