cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get all jobs with BEMCLI from primary and secondary servers

arv2
Level 2

Hi all,

I try to get a list of all BackupExec jobs using bemcli/powershell. To do this I run Get-BEJob on BackupExec2014 primary (central administration) server.
I expect to get the results I see in BackupExec management console - all jobs from primary and secondary servers.
But instead the commandlet returns only local (primary) server jobs. 
The Get-BEJob have parameter -BackupExecServer which is intented to filter jobs by server, but applying this parameter I get completely wrong results.
What is it - a bug or something incorrect with my BE?
Is it possible to get all jobs from all BE servers with this commandlet?

BackupExec2014 on Windows Server 2012R2,  Powershell 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately, no simple, straight method, though i am sure it is possible with a lil bit of tinkering.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

The "BackupExec Server" field works only for active jobs.  So, it will return proper results with such an example -

Get-BEJob -BackupExecServer "name of BEserver " -Status Active

I am currently not at a test system though check if you can pipe the results of Get-BEBackupExecServer to Get-BEJob and see if that returns the list of jobs or not. Or you could try using Get-BEJobHistory to get a list of completed jobs.

arv2
Level 2

Thanks for quick reply.

I've checked - it really returns active currently running jobs from secondary servers. And does it even without filter parameters to Get-BEJob and pipes.
Get-BEJobHistory gives a list of executed jobs from all BE servers, but this method requires additional processing to detect which of job still actual.

So there is no straight method to get all jobs from group of BE servers?

VJware
Level 6

Unfortunately, no simple, straight method, though i am sure it is possible with a lil bit of tinkering.