cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 " The query for jobview failed"

dfeifer
Level 4

I did an upgrade from Backup Exec 2010 to 2012 on the 7th and jobs appeared to have been working ok. I had just originally messed up and had them set up as individual server backups, instead of the all servers backup that we do on friday nights so I had changed this on the 12th. I logged on today to double check the settings and for some reason the jobs will not list under the servers and I have an Exclamation point in a triangle at the bottom left of the screen stating "The query for jobview failed" This is not something I have seen before and I really need to get this fixed before tomorrow nights backups are set to start. The all server full backup job generally starts at 9pm on friday and finishes around 8am on sunday.

Server is windows server 2003 that also hosts the sep management server. 12.1.671.4971

Have tried restarting the server as well as restarting the backup exec services.

23 REPLIES 23

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Stop SEP and then restart the BE services. Once done, see if you get the same error. If not, put in exclusions within SEP to exclude the BE services.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look at this - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2012-und-microsoft-small-business-server-2011

dfeifer
Level 4

I completely uninstalled sep from this particular server and restarted. Nothing changed

I am in the us so his fix on the second one is not applicable. I verified permissions on the admin account and also logged in as the beservice account and still have the same thing.

What gets me is that this had been working fine and then cut out. there are no warnings or errors in the event log, and the jobs actually still appear to be working in the background. The system just can not pull up the views. There are just some items i need to change before the backup tonight.

Ie. for some reason when backup exec sees a usb hard drive letter, even though this drive is currently not connected, it fails the backup and disaster recovery.

jrh_dowco
Level 3

I have the exact same issue. I also have SEP on this server (not SEPM though). I selected all servers, right clicked and chose edit backups. Then did a select all of all servers backups and clicked ok. I made no changes and simply clicked okay again and am able to see the next scheduled run and able to edit again. It is kinda annoying doing it but it was better than going through and trying to delete and recreate the jobs...again...

BonnaRe
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I have the exact same problem.

SEP is completly uninstall.

internal support tools not evidence problem.

i use italian version.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi Bonna,

You could start new thread for the issue your are facing

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it's the same problem the user is facing, so there is no need to start a new discussion at all...

all2surreal
Level 4

It's happened to me twice now since updating from 2010 R3.  BE starts acting wierd (not being able to retrieve information on some servers) and then the next thing I know all my jobs are gone; still are as of this post.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I can find very very little troubleshooting on this.  Thanks, Adam

Colin_Weaver

This issue  is under investigation by Symantec.

all2surreal
Level 4

Thanks for the update Colin.

all2surreal
Level 4

Any updates on this issue?  My jobs still have come back.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you open a case with Symantec for this issue, if not please open up a case so that they can further investigate the issue & help you in providing a fix

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

At the moment it looks like we may have a wokaround but as that involves editing inside the SQL database, formal cases may be  needed

all2surreal
Level 4

How should I escalate this so I can have a formal case for this problem and receive the workaround?  Thanks for this update.

Colin_Weaver

You have to log a Techncial Support Case instead of a forum post you can't escalate directly from a forum post.

all2surreal
Level 4

Hey Colin,  do you have a number that would be best for me to call for this problem?

Colin_Weaver

all2surreal
Level 4

I've put in a call with Enterprise Support and have my case number.  I should hear from a technician within two hours.  I will post back what they say.  Thanks.

all2surreal
Level 4

I finally heard back from support this morning.  Well basically, it's a known issue and they're working on a fix.  This response was no surprise.  I was assured that as long as I subsrcibe to this topic I will receive a notification when the fix is out, which will be a hotifx I can download through LiveUpdate.