cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 und Microsoft Small Business Server 2011

imd
Level 3

Hallo Community,

wir versuchen vergeblich, auf einen frisch installierten Small Business Server 2011 Standard eine Sicherung mit Backup Exec 2012 zu starten.

Unter "Backup und Wiederherstellung" ist Backup nicht verfügbar.

Im unteren Bereich sieht man ein Ausrufezeichen mit der Aufschrift: "Die Abfrage für JobView ist nicht verfügbar."

Das Diagnostic Tool zeigt, dass der Administrator angeblich nicht in der lokalen Administratorengruppe eingetragen ist. Die Installation ist nagelneu, wir haben es schon mehrere Male neu versucht.

Weiß jemand Rat?

----

Hello community,

we lost our labor with doing a Backup on fresh installed Small Business Server 2011 Standard with Backup Exec 2012.

At the Point: "Backup and Recovery", the Backup button is useless.

In the bottom Area there is an exclamation Mark with the Message: "The query for JobView is not available".

The Diagnostic Tool shows, that the Administrator might not be in the local Admin group. The Install is fresh and we tried a few times. I', shure that the admin is in this group...

Is anybody able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

muxonarization
Level 3

I'm also german and i had something similar, i couldnt configure anything except for the storage device.

Check if you have EventID 57345 source Backup Exec notifications in your application eventlog ("Bei der Konvertierung eines char-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der datetime-Wert außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs.")

I resolved it setting up an english SQL Express Instance, before i installed BE (setup nails you down to use the localised setup file).

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Confirm if the BESA meets the requirements per - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH36718

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you checked to make sure that the account running the BE services really is in the local Admins group, or at least a member of the Domain Admins group at a bare minimum?

Thanks!

imd
Level 3

The Domain\Administrator Account is in domain.local\Builtin\Administratoren and domain.local\Users\Domänen-Admins (Domain-Admins). Also in domain.local\Builtin\backup-operators.

But the BESS (Support Tools) tells me, that i'm not in the local Admin Group, but the AD tells me yes. BE is running on the Domain Controller.

Thanks,
Sebastian

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Remove it from the Backup Operators group as this might be restricting the BESA.

imd
Level 3

Nothing happened ... but BE2010R3 worked with the same installation and config... weird.

imd
Level 3

Do i have to grant these permissions to the Admin User or Admin Group?

• Act as a part of Operating System ( Only for windows server 2000 )
  • Create a token object
  • Log on as a service
  • Logon as a batch job
  • Manage auditing and security log
  • Backup files and directories
  • Restore files and directories

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yep, the Backup Exec service account needs to have these permissions...and do make sure there isn't any deny permission for these as well

imd
Level 3

I'll try a new Installation with these Informations ...

imd
Level 3

Symantec Hotline didn't call back ... i expected this!!!

New installation with change of all Settings ...

Diagnostic Tool shows always an error: "No local admin rights".

Error Message is also visible: "Die Abfrage für JobView ist nicht verfügbar."

Is there an install Guide for the SBS 2011 Edition? Same Server with BEXEC 2010R3 ... running without Problems. But we need some Features of the 2012 and already bought it!

muxonarization
Level 3

I'm also german and i had something similar, i couldnt configure anything except for the storage device.

Check if you have EventID 57345 source Backup Exec notifications in your application eventlog ("Bei der Konvertierung eines char-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der datetime-Wert außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs.")

I resolved it setting up an english SQL Express Instance, before i installed BE (setup nails you down to use the localised setup file).

imd
Level 3

Lösung:

Ich habe die Englische Version von MsSQL Express 2008R2 installiert. Nun ist alles sichtbar. Allerdings geht es sicher auch mit SQL 2005 SP4 EN .... möchte jemand testen?

Dank an muxonarization für die Lösung, und VJware für die Tipps.

Problem ist solved:

I installed the English Version of MsSQL Express 2008R2. Now the Server is visible. Maybe it would work with SQL 2005 SP4 EN ... anybody wants to test?

Thanks to muxonarization and VJware for the help...

muxonarization
Level 3

hey you could mark my answer as solution :)

i am currently using the english SQL2005SP4 express for the BEDB on a german SBS2003 SP2.

imd
Level 3

I thought i could mark both of them ... ;)