cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012

almost_there
Level 3

Can you not do any sorting from within the "Storage" menu? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Depends on where you are in the storage section - for instance a lot of pages have no sort options, however the list of media in a media set or the media located in slots of a library can be sorted.

It also depmnds on if you are in Tree or List view as you can sort in the List View on the main Storage screen but can't sort in tree view.

BE 2014 (due for release soon) can sort in the first page seen (list of storage devices) etc even in Tree View.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

Depends on where you are in the storage section - for instance a lot of pages have no sort options, however the list of media in a media set or the media located in slots of a library can be sorted.

It also depmnds on if you are in Tree or List view as you can sort in the List View on the main Storage screen but can't sort in tree view.

BE 2014 (due for release soon) can sort in the first page seen (list of storage devices) etc even in Tree View.

almost_there
Level 3

I see. I was looking at the backup sets, but it appears that they are sorted by backup time. Thanks.

Colin_Weaver

I do remember that in BE 2012 we did have an issue with sorting where the sort by X followed by Y followed by Z kind of got remembered in the background  and gave confusing results when you intended to only sort on one category.

The solution to this if I remember correctly was to use the Sort button to remove some entries instead of using the column headings to sort.