cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Agent license

MacSteveH
Not applicable

We recently added a new Win 2012 R2 server running Active Directory to partially replace an old Win 2003 Active Directory server.  We have removed AD from the old server but need to keep it running until we find a new home for some of its other data.  The new server backed up fine for a while but is now telling me the trial period for Backup Exec or for an agent option has expired and I need to enter a new serial number.  I bit the bullet and bought and installed a new Agent for Applications and Databases license but I still get the same message.  I've tried deleting the agent on both the old and new servers and then reinstalling on just the new one, but that makes no difference.  I've tried deleting all the licenses and readding them, but not difference.  Basically, I have tried everything in Tech Articles 73334 and 32517 without success.  Ideally, I would like to be able to "return" the Agent and Databases license from the old AD server, give that to the new server, and give a "regular" Agent license to the new server.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The Agent for Application & Database license also includes the "regular" remote agent functionality.

Is GRT for Active Directory enabled for both server backup jobs ? If yes, do you have in total 2 Agent for Application & Database licenses or just 1 ?