cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 :- Wrong version of Linux Ralus in Distribution.

Chasr
Level 2
Partner

When you come to install the linux RALUS supplied on the 2014 distribution disc, you will find that it is the 2012 version (without all the latest Hot Fixes). This only becomes apparent when you try to install the latest (2) 2014 hot fixes. The RALUS hot fix WILL NOT install as it says that it will only work with the 2014 version. I have searched the 2014 distribution disc and can find no solution to the problem at the moment.

Come om Symantec, get your act together, as this should not occur with a new product release!!

Regards

ChasR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chasr
Level 2
Partner

Thanks,

When I wnet to install the RALUS, (the Backup exec 2014 was an upgrade from 2012) I went to the agents subdirectory, under programs, Symantec, Backup exec, and installed the products from there (as I have done on all previous occasions). I assumed that these were upgraded versions of Ralus, as the latest service patches for 2012 (one being sp4 ) had been removed during the upgrade process. There was no sign of the version which is on the DVD being downloaded to this folder. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but I think attention should be drawn to the fact that if you upgrade, you need to use the version on the DVD, not the remaining versions under the agents subdirectory.

Cheers,

ChasR.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

Are you sure about this?  

From the Backup Exec 2014 RTM Media you should see 

X:\LinuxMac\RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-1786.0..tar.gz        1786 or 14.1 is BE 2014

Extracing the tar and looking at the RPM's 

OS_NAME = Linux

PRODUCTS = RALUS

[Dictionary]

RALUS = VRTSralus

[VRTSralus]

NAME = Symantec Backup Exec Agent for Linux
VERSION = 14.1.1786
OPTIONAL = This package provides the agent services for Linux.
SPACE = 78000 0 100 100
RPM = VRTSralus-14.1.1786-0.x86_64.rpm
MVERS = 14.1.1786
COMPRESSED = 1
COMPRESSEDFILE = VRTSralus.tar.gz

Chasr
Level 2
Partner

Thanks,

When I wnet to install the RALUS, (the Backup exec 2014 was an upgrade from 2012) I went to the agents subdirectory, under programs, Symantec, Backup exec, and installed the products from there (as I have done on all previous occasions). I assumed that these were upgraded versions of Ralus, as the latest service patches for 2012 (one being sp4 ) had been removed during the upgrade process. There was no sign of the version which is on the DVD being downloaded to this folder. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but I think attention should be drawn to the fact that if you upgrade, you need to use the version on the DVD, not the remaining versions under the agents subdirectory.

Cheers,

ChasR.