cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2015 Job Failed

iamnewhere
Level 0

I need your help...

My jobs would failed with the following errors V-79-57344-65033.

I believe this error occurs when a  subdirectory/s inside a directory being backed up is renamed, deleted or  no longer exists.

i found a temporary workaround until the next user rename or delete a file or folder.

this is what i was able to find: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH78384

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You will always have this problem if you select the directories manually.  Suppose you have these directories

c:\a\b1

c:\a\b2

c:\a\b3

and you select them individually rather than just selecting c:\a.  When a user delete c:\a\b1 you will have your error and when a user add a new directory c:\a\b4, it would not be included in any subsequent backup until you select it manually.  If you select c:\a, then any additions/deletions of directories under c:\a will automatically handled by BE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you tried to deselect the folder/drive and then reselect it?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You will always have this problem if you select the directories manually.  Suppose you have these directories

c:\a\b1

c:\a\b2

c:\a\b3

and you select them individually rather than just selecting c:\a.  When a user delete c:\a\b1 you will have your error and when a user add a new directory c:\a\b4, it would not be included in any subsequent backup until you select it manually.  If you select c:\a, then any additions/deletions of directories under c:\a will automatically handled by BE.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just to add to this PKHs is correct with the explanation and it is not a workaround it is a solution based on the possible consequences of making backup selkections aginst objects that might get renamed or moved. Hence the technote is also a solution and not a workaround and I am going to arrange to change the technote to remove the workaround term from its contents.