cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2016 - Backup Exec Alert: Job Success, but still shows active

jdowney
Level 3

I get an email stating Backup Exec Alert: Job Success "Completed Successfully."  However, the job continues to run, but the file count remains the same and the job shows active.  I've tried changing the RPC setting in KB 100030984.  It does no good.  Incremental jobs complete just fine and stop running as expected.  However, every weekend now I have to stop the Active Full job manually by either rebooting the backup server or stopping the backup exec agent on the backup server.  Then the job goes into recovery mode and attempts to start over again.  From there I have to stop the job again, and it appears that there is restorable data, but this is not good.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check and respond to any outstanding alerts from the job.

There are no alerts from the job.  It just keeps running and the data size / file count never increases.  It gets stuck at a different data point on the last server every single time now.

There are no alerts from the job.  It just keeps running and the data size / file count never increases.  It gets stuck at a different data point on the last server every single time now.