Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Agent Crashes

pgdave
Level 3

Hey Guys,

Getting the following error on a host while backing up:

Application Error Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.0.1798.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e02d7

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000730025

Faulting process id: 0x193c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0d3842852f04

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 2703a3e3-7956-11e1-a6c3-8cc529b30c1a

Its a Hyper-V Cluster of 3 Hosts - error at the moment is on the 3rd host. We have another bacup job that runs purely on host 1 that completes fine. This one spans the other 2 hosts so am trying to work out if it happens when it changes hosts.

All 3 hosts are 2008R2 SP1 with latest patches etc and running fine. Any ideas where to start looking?

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

If possible please open a formal support case for this crash.  If you're using an NFR license you may want to contact your sales person or reseller to see if they can get a case opened for you.

dmoisan
Level 2
I have Backup Exec 2010 R3, 13.0.5204, Service Pack 2, Hotfix 180429, and I have seen this crash as well. We are running Windows Server 2008 with three remote agents with a Drobo i800 SAN as the backup-to-disk target. The problem is reproducible and happens when I backup the BE server itself and select Archiving Option Components in the selection list. I am wondering if this is related to the error I commented on in another thread "...You must install the option to continue to use the Archiving Option". I am drilling down into the Archiving Option Components to see if I can narrow this. We are a non-profit using the NFR edition through Tech Soup, and I'm not sure if they can take my support question at this higher level. We have been using BE without incident since last fall, so this is not an elementary question. In light of the other issue I commented on, I fear this may be a broader problem. I will update this thread as I have findings.

dmoisan
Level 2
I have reproduced the BE Agent Accelerator crash. I configure a backup of the local machine (call this BEMACHINE), deselect all sources in the backup except for BE Archive Index Site, and run. The crash happens right after Backup Scan so it is almost instantanteous after submission. Deselect the Archiving option and backups run fine. Backups to BE from my remote agents (two are hosted on XP SP3 machines and one on Server 2008R2) also run with no incidents. I want to delete and recreate the archive indices, but I can't get into the Archive settings because BE tells me "You need an update ... to continue using the Archiving Option", even though I and BE think it is up to date. I can run normal, required backups in my shop with the workaround of not backing up the indices, but I would really want a solution to this as this is a great distraction and I don't feel I should be on the hook if this issue is related to a recent BE update.