cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Job queued while System Recovery is installed

mrfrosty
Level 2

I have had an issue over the last month or so.  I have had BE 11d and SR8 on a windows 2003 SP2 server and they have worked fine together.  Over the last month BE will try to start its backup job at 11pm but will just sit and queue.  I have seen issues before with SR installed on the same server to i setup Pre/Post scripts to stop and start the SR services while the BE job is running, unfortunately these didnt help and the job still queued.  I uninstalled SR and subsequently had 2 weeks of successful backups.  I reinstalled SR and they started queueing again.  I thought it could have been related to the BE version so on friday i uninstalled BE and SR, installed a trial of BE 2010 R2 and reinstalled SR8.  This morning i have come to work to see SR working fine, but BE 2010R2 is queued and a backup job has not run from friday night.

I'm struggling to find anyone lese who has had similar experiences on the web, so i thought it may be worth posting on here to see if anyone could help.

Thanking you in advance

Rob

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think you are trying to backup same thing from both the softwares.

If so, it will create problem to you.

Make sure you are not doing that...

mrfrosty
Level 2

hi Kiran, SR only runs 8am till 6pm every day and BE runs from 11pm for about 4 hours every night, so they would never clash.  I wouldnt have though that would cause an issue? They used to both run fine together, its just now they dont with no update or change in software configuration that i am aware of to cause this.

Any other thoughts?

Kind regards

Rob