Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Media Vaults \ media written reports

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

I'm trying to work out a weekly report that will easily identify the tape I need to remove from the library once a week.

Sounds simple enough and probably is but can't get to grips with it yet. :p)

I want to remove the tapes on a Friday morning and I want these tapes to be only those written to over the last 7 days. So I tried 'recently written media' and set that for the last 7 days. However, I backup to disk then duplicate to tape so this report gives me pages of B2D files and I only want the barcodes for the tape media and not disk media sets. Can anyone tell me how I can only include tape media within the recently written media report?

I'm looking into creating a media vault which I think should work but not sure on the settings I may need. In order to capture the information I'm looking for do I need to move the media into the vault as soon as it is written to make sure that any media written to on the Thursday evening will show up in my vault report that I run on a Friday morning? 

As I allow appends to the tapes I'm not sure that if I move the tape into a vault will Backup Exec still use it to append data or select another tape - I'm trying to use as few as tapes as possible for my duplicates so need each days backup to append to the same tape.

btw - all data is replicated so the duplicate to tapes is for longer term retention so perfectly happy that I'm not taking tapes off everyday......

I'm sure there's an easy answer to this but just need a little guidance.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you do a custom report and select the "media group" against the field selection, there are fields that include media type & date modified which can then be used with filters.

You will probably have to play about a bit to understand which columns are most useful and how to set the filters up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you do a custom report and select the "media group" against the field selection, there are fields that include media type & date modified which can then be used with filters.

You will probably have to play about a bit to understand which columns are most useful and how to set the filters up.

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Colin

Will take a look at doing this