cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

I have a Windows Server 2012 and I am trying to backup Sharepoint 2013 with BE 2014. It completes successfully but it throws this exception.

Backup Exec SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.

In the backup options I'm not using any compression type. I tried researching it but couldn't find any info on a solution or what's causing.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The compression which is being mentioned in the job log does not refer to the compression options set in the backup job. It refers to the compression of the DB/table itself.

Open the job log and check against which DB the exception is being thrown. You can run a query such as the following to check if compression is on or not:-

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DBname.sys.partitions WHERE data_compression > 0

Substitute the actual name of the DB in DBname when running the query. There are other queries as well which can help you find out if compression is on or not and which DBs/tables are affected.Your SQL Administrator will be able to help.

If compression returns any value apart from 0, then GRT will not be processed.

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

I went to server properties in SQL< Databas Settings< and the Compress Backup is not checked. Is that the same thing?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, its not. Have you run the above mentioned queries using SQL ? They will confirm if compression is being used or not.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See the end of this article for a query which gives you the table name and their compression type http://blogs.lessthandot.com/index.php/datamgmt/datadesign/find-all-the-tables-and/