cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec User Interface Becomes Non-reponsive or "Hang"

Yean_Chee_Moey
Level 2
Dear all,
I'm facing problem when we selecting Lotus Domino R6 databases, the backup exec user interface becomes non responsive or "hangs". The Veritas Technical support article stated that it could be Notes's databases were corrupted. After running Lotus API trace (Debug mode) on Backup Exec Server, no file to be generated to isolate/identify the corruption of database. Thanks

Veritas Technical Support Article
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270091.htm
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249690.htm

License Information :
Agent for Lotus Domino
IDR
Advanced Open File Option
Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Remote Agent for Windows Servers

Veritas Backup Exec Version : 10d
6 REPLIES 6

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Is the Lotus installation a partitioned installation?

As a test, stop AV scanning on the lotus domino server and verify the results.
Check whether Hotfix 10 is installed on the media server

BEWS 10.1.5629R Hotfix 10 - Unable to select Lotus Domino databases, Microsoft SQL database restore truncates first two characters of server name, Policy based backups\export jobs are not sending job log with notification, Remote Agent for Windows Servers causes access violations during restore

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281295

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Yean_Chee_Moey
Level 2
I've installed SP1 for Backup Exec 5629 (10d). In fact, the SP1 bundled with Hotfix 10 (5629), but still not able to resolve the problem. Other than apply hotfix10, what is the next step ? Need your advise. Thanks

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following:

To resolve the issue the Lotus Databases should be scanned again when Backup Exec tries to communicate with Lotus .

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Go into the following location "Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\RANT\LOGS" on the Lotus server. Rename the NotesDB*.ucj (Changed Journal files) so that when Backup Exec tries to communicate with Lotus the drive is scanned again for Lotus databases and a new file is created.

NotesDb*.ucj - Keeps the list of the Lotus databases present on the drive. '*' is replaced by the local drive letter which is referenced by this file.

2. On the Backup Exec Server, go into 'Tools | Backup Exec Services' and re-start all Backup Exec Services.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Leighton_Moody
Level 2
Hello all.

I have the same problem with Backup Exec hanging when trying to view the Domino databases. Installed SP1 & rollup patches, rebooted. Tested, but problem persisted. Then, stopped BE services, deleted the NotesDB*.ucj file, restarted services... No luck.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks a bunch.
L

Leighton_Moody
Level 2
Hi all.

OK, here's what happened. I did as descrived above:
Ran Service Pack, rebooted, etc. (I forgot to mention, uninstall the Remote Agent, then reboot, and re-installing the Remote Agent.) I then tried once again to build my selection list, but again, it "hung". I was so mad and desperately hungry at this point that I just stood up and decided that I needed some food.

When I got back, the databases were there waiting for me. We've probably got about 400Gb's worth of databases on that server, so maybe I was just being impatient. Look, I had given it over 5 minutes in the beginning, but maybe it's just one of those things... Lots of data, much to do, etc.

My 2c worth. Hope it helps.
Lei.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the issue!

Also refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/241842

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.