Highlighted

Backup Exec cannot create a recovery checkpoint for the virtual machine

I ask for help from the community. run into a problem when backing up a virtual machine, a search (on vox/ google) did not yield results. 

Backup Exec Server: BE version=20.0.1188, OS  Windows  2016 ver 1607 (14393.3204)

Hyper-V host: OS Windows  2016 ver 1607 (14393.3204) with role Hyper-V, Agent VBE 20.0.11.2496

VM: OS Windows  2008R2 + MSQL 2012 SP2

GRT - OFF/ Instant Recovery - OFF

I get the following error:

V-79-40960-38691 - Backup Exec cannot create a recovery checkpoint for the 'SQL' virtual machine. Refer to the Windows Event Log on the Hyper-V host for more details or retry the backup job.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: 17/11/2019 . at 13:01:30
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0009723 - Backup Exec cannot create a recovery checkpoint for the virtual machine. Refer to the Windows Event Log on the Hyper-V host for more details or retry the backup job.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-40960-38691

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- hvc-cluster V-79-40960-38691 - Backup Exec cannot create a recovery checkpoint for the 'SQL' virtual machine. Refer to the Windows Event Log on the Hyper-V host for more details or retry the backup job.

3 Replies

Re: Backup Exec cannot create a recovery checkpoint for the virtual machine

Refer to the Windows Event Log on the Hyper-V host for more details or retry the backup job." 

Have you done that?

Check Event Viewer logs on the Hyper-V hosts as well as the VM. 

good afternoon, of course I first checked all the logs on the server. there are no errors or warnings that could show the reason why the backup is not created.

I checked everything I could. searched here on a forum similar, searched in google but there are no solutions. in doing so, I recreated the new job and got a new error: ( .

Final error: 0xe000942f - Cannot capture a snapshot of the virtual machine volumes. Ensure that the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service is running, the status of the Microsoft Hyper-V VSS writer is Stable and the virtual machine is present on the Hyper-V server.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37935

I also checked the status: vssadmin list writers, vssadmin list providers

and I already created a backup copy of this virtual machine on this host (10 days ago) .

the only change was to add a hard disk to the virtual machine.

at the moment, I make a backup through the agent ( I need MSSQL backups) and everything goes without errors. but there is a task to receive copies of Hyper-V