cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec duplicate job hung / hangs

digitallagoon
Level 2

I've a got full backup setup. When it finishes a duplicate job starts to copy the backup set of he full backup from the local disk to a NAS. This was running fine for many months. In early October, this stopped working. The duplicate job starts fine, but at around 1.5 - 2 GB of approximately 2 TB of data copied, it stalls and just sits in running state. The timer keeps ticking, but no more bytes are ever copied. No messages, no errors, just hung. Once it gets to this point, I can't successfully cancel it either. I have to restart services to get it to stop.

The NAS is being connected to via Windows UNC path.

I checked the disks in my NAS for errors. I've rebuilt the RAID in my NAS from scratch. I've removed and re-added the NAS device to Backup Exec.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Version 13.0 Rev. 5204 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, 4GB RAM

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you tried to recreate the duplicate job to rule out any corruption in that?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that you are hitting the 2TB limit.  Check that you are not using 512k as your cluster size.  If so, reformat your partition to use a bigger cluster size like 4096k

digitallagoon
Level 2

I tried recreating the job. It still stalled at about 2.5 GB. I'll attempt to check the partiton cluster size.

digitallagoon
Level 2

My NAS device gives no options for cluster size when creating my RAID array.

After re-creating the RAID array, the device was, of course, empty, but it is still hanging at 2.5 GB. If hitting the 2 TB limit, I would think it would run until it ran out of space. Is this not correct?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The cluster size is determined when you format the drive.  You can specify the cluster size then.

Regarding your NAS, have you checked the HCL to make sure that it is supported?

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

If not, you should test its functionality with 

B2Dtest.exe