Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec error 0xe0000f02 - media server could not connect

Michael_Landry
Level 3
Running BE v10d build 5629 on Windows Server 2003

I am getting the following error when backing up servers -

"Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet, but the option to use any available network route was not selected."

I am running the backup jobs using a separate network. The technote referenced by the error says that I should "Select a specific network adapter and select the check box to allow Backup Exec to choose any available route for remote agents not bound to the above Network ID". I have selected a specific network adapter, but since my servers are connected to both networks, I don't want to use "any available network" as I'm trying to segregate the network traffic.

Here's the kicker - I have 5 scheduled jobs - one job runs just fine, the other 4 fail. They are all configured identically. I'm backing up to disk first, then to tape, but the backup to tape runs on a separate job and ALWAYS works.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Document:

Backup of a remote server fails with error : 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet, but the option to use any available network route was not selected.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275418

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Thanks.