cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding

Mal_Boteju
Level 3
Upgraded from Backup Exec for Win 9 to 10 and since then

I get the below error everytime the backup is runs by itself or I do a test run. If I manually run it - it seems to work !

The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

I have attached errorr log

and

Diagnostic results have been removed.
23 REPLIES 23

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr Fulkerson,

Thank you for the update.

Regards

Riccardo_Patti_
Not applicable
Hi,

If you want to solve this issue you "must" install the latest release of BackupExec 10.0 that is the rev.BEWS10.0.5520
You can download it from:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277181.htm

I had the same issue and after the installation of the above mentioned release I don't get the errors anymore.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Thanks.

Mal_Boteju
Level 3
Thanks a lot. Due to the most useless support from Veritas I had to do this the long way around.

I ended up doing a completely fresh installation on a separate server and problems continued. The only thing I had in common between the two scenarios was the data and the programme itself.

Failing to find any clues within the data to cause this issue, I ended up upgrading to the latest version 5220. Now it's all sorted.

It would have saved many people a load of hassle and time and companies- money of course if Veritas took the trouble to properly guide users towards the latest upgrade to resolve these issues.

This is such a simple fix. Scary!. Because we talking of the very fundamentals of customer support from a company that is supposed to provide you protection and business continuity !