cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job hanging after Workstation Ghost restore

Brad_Larsen
Level 2
I had a hard disk fail at a critical workstation. I recovered from a recent full Ghost image. Now the networked daily backup of all workstations hangs at that workstation.

I'll go remove it than re-install. Hopefully that cures it.

Question: Should this be expected? Did it cause a sync problem or is there an internal Hard Disk ID that a Ghost copy doesn't recover?Message was edited by:
Brad Larsen
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,
Did you bring up that server?

Was RAWS installed after bringing up the server?

Did you receive any events in the event logs or any error message when the workstation hangs ?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
how old was the ghost image? if it was more then 60 days, you'll probably have to rejoin the domain, as the computer account password would be out of date.

else wise, be certain to check the version of the remote agent.

Brad_Larsen
Level 2
Not sure if fixed or not. I removed it from the backup because, as part of an upcoming move, that entire building got closed down.

The Ghost backup was about 60 days old. I didn't have problems logging in from it manually.

I'll uninstall and re-install RANT when we move next month.

I'll re-open a problem if there's another problem.

shweta - do you work for Symantec? They appearently discontinued EMAIL support, phones were clogged besides are time consuming, and this method took quite a while. However; with an annual re-purchase mandatory for scanning to work, this is probably the best paying in the small server software industry. Interesting hua?