cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec licensing errors

templeking
Not applicable

Configured three computers for backup and they all worked perfectly. Added a fourth and got the following error:

The job failed with the following error: Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See Job Log for details.

I have the desktop/laptop 10 pack licensing kit, but it won't let me add it on the Backup Exec server because we don't use a domain. 

Why can't I add my keys to the main server without a domain? And why do the other three PCs backup?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

With a DLO 10 pack license you cannot install a BE remote agent to backup thoes servers/computer, for that you will have to install a DLO agent desktops/laptops & configure a DLO based backup.

To backup a server or a complete computer you need to have a remote agent license for the same.

SQL, Exchange, etc requires approriate license for the same

To add licenses you can go to-> tools -> install options & license keys in BEWS console....

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Hi ,

Do you have the base license key installed on the media server ? IS the media server a part of domain or is it in workgroup ?

Make sure you have the Base license installed before you install the Dlo license .

Refer the following document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH57327

regards,

RahulG

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

any updates?