cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not backing up server

Tawnisha_Scott
Level 2
Yesterday a backup was scheduled to run at 11:00pm. We remotely logged onto the server and ran SGMON before the backup was to start. When I came in this morning to check the backup from last night I found that it had not run at all and the only thing that had run (and is still running) is the SGMON. We ran this because of a Microsoft Snapshot error we were getting. I checked the schedule for the backup and the alerts. There were no alerts and the backup schedule is correct. Also there are tapes in the library. In the job monitor it still says that last night's job is ready to start. Can you please tell me why it didn't perform a backup last night?
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I request you to create a new backup job and schdule it and check the results. Ensure that it starts at that specific time.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi Tawnisha

We request you to update us on the status of the issue!

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tawnisha_Scott
Level 2
I am now going through direct assist for help with this issue. It has not been resolved yet, but there's no need to get help in two different places, so we will consider this question answered and I will continue to get assistance through direct assist.

Thank you,
Tawnisha