cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Administrator BE Login Accounts

James_Frederi1
Level 3
Hello,

Is there a way for a non-administrator user to access BE (9.0) under NT4.0? I'd like to be able to check job status and logfiles, etc from a non-admin account (like an account that is in the Backup Operator Group)

When I try to use a non-admin domain user account (eg : DomainX\User1) and start Backup Exec for Windows Servers, I get a "Connect to Media Server" dialog that is asking for a username / password and domain on the local server.

No Username / Password combinations seems to work for any account, admin or otherwise.

When logging in under User1, I kind of expected the Login Account Wizard to appear so that I could create a new BE Login Account using an admin username/password.

Any advice appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you tried using ExecView rather than RemoteAdmin to check status?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You will get access denied error if you try to login using the account you are logged in as or even if you provide the administrator username password. You will need atleast equivalent rights as BE service account ie admin or superior rights.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

James_Frederi1
Level 3
Ken,

No, I have never used ExecView, and didn't ever really plan to, but I will look down that avenue if that is the right/only solution.