cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not connecting to media server

JoshuaMaquiavel
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Probably more than one oppened a discussion with this title or something near to it, but apparently my problem is totally different becuase none of them seem to help...

My problem is basically that BE doesn't connect to the media server, the weird thing is that if I uninstall the BE and install it again, I can make one backup but after that something happens and the resources for new or for already created jobs disappear, and the error "Connection with server failed" appear on the selections section of the new/edit job.

I read an article of symantec that says that I need to grant some permissions to the user that I'm going to use for the "Logon Accounts" and the "BackupExec Services" and I already created another user with this attributes and reconfigured all the services and the Logon Account but nothing happens, all services start, I have rebooted my server everytime I change something on the configuration but I cant seem to make it work (btw I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bits).

Can someone please be so kind to help me with more ideas, im running out of them...I'll really appreciate the help...

Regards

Joshua 

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Does the backup exec service account have the logaon as batch job rights ?

Nick_Elmer
Level 6
Employee

Are the Backup Exec services running when you cannot connect to the server? It sounds like one of them may be stopping. Check for Backup Exec Server Service. That is usually the one the UI connects to, and if its not running you will usually get a connect error.