cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec report question

alan_koch
Level 4
I am using Backup Exec 12.5 to backup Windows based servers.  For a number of reasons we have not be recycling or overwriting our end-of-month backup tapes for a long time.  Here is my issue: I am looking for some sort of report within Backup Exec which would tell me what is on each tape.  I've looked at the canned reports available inside of BEWS but none of them have what I am looking for.  I'm not looking for a complete listing of all files on the tapes, but rather what Servers and drive letters are on each tape.  Is there some way to get this type of report?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no such report that I am aware of.  What you can do is create a restore job, in the file selection window, click on the View By Media tab.  You can then click on each of the tape and see what is on them.  The information on the backups will be given: timestamp, server, drive and files.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try creating a custom report ...

alan_koch
Level 4
I have looked at the custom report options available.  It is there any way to create a report which would have options from the different "Categories"?  When I try to create a report and select options from different "categories" I get a message which says that "changing the category will delete all field based selections in the report definition". 
Thanks.